Thursday, November 5, 2009

New Food Distribution Program for Haiti


According to UNICEF, there are more than 143 million orphans worldwide. That is equal to nearly half the population of the United States. That figure really struck me profoundly when I considered that I drove coast to coast this past summer and saw half the country. In my mind's eye, I tried to imagine what it would have been like to see nothing but starving children from every corner of the world as I drove for days and days. A bit overwhelming. That is why I'm purposing to commit 10% of Urban Island's profits to The Global Orphan Project.  I can think of nothing better than to partner with them as they tackle the orphan pandemic by building self-sustaining villages for these kids.  Read more about their unique approach to providing not only food but nutrition to orphans in Haiti.  New Food Distribution Program for Haiti

No comments:

Post a Comment