Thursday, December 3, 2009

Gingerbread



My 5 year old Grandson and I had such fun building and decorating this little gingerbread house.  As you can see he was quite proud of his handiwork.




















Today I saw this cute gingerbread lighthouse in Coastal Living magazine.  I love the imaginative ingredients used...gummy lobsters, candied sugar the color of the sea, pretzel sticks and rock candy.  I'm sure it's a bit harder to assemble than the little house we did but if your holiday decor is a coastal theme it could be the perfect addition!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, this is Debra, I go by Grammie on blogspot. That is so cute. I've never done the gingerbread house with my girls, they don't really like it so I didn't just want to throw it away. I do a lot of baking, if you go on my blog and look at my holiday or baking archives I posted a lot about it last year. I haven't started yet, but I think I will be this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debra! How fun that you are called Grammie. That is what Caleb calls his other grandmother and I've always thought it just sounded so sweet. I took a look at your blog and must say, it's fun to see what you're up to after all these years. You have such a cute family! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete