Sunday, October 11, 2009

Rose Bowl Flea Market



I finally made it out to the legendary Rose Bowl Flea Market in Pasadena, California.  I think I could have spent the entire day there and not seen it all.  This flea market has been held for over 40 years on the 2nd Sunday of each month, featuring over 2500 vendors.  They typically have between 15,000-20,000 buyers.  While there were still deals to be had and plenty of great vendors, I can see that I'll need to get there early next time to get a super good bargain.  I'm always on the lookout for ways to incorporate used, vintage or antique furniture and "almost" nothing thrills me more that finding a good bargain.


I did find a few noteworthy vendors that I hope to do business with in the future.  When possible I like to support local craftsman and sole proprietors, especially those that creating home decor out of reclaimed materials.   Today I met Caroline and Paul of Reclaimed Frames.  Not only do I love that old vintage wood used to create these photo frames, I also think the colors they use are very coastal and current.


I definitely have the Rose Bowl Flea Market on my calendar for the 2nd Sunday of next month.  I'll be back and I'll be there early.  I can't miss out on the bargains!











No comments:

Post a Comment