Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas on Coronado Island




One of my favorite places we've lived is Coronado Island.  We explored every inch of this little island and enjoyed beaches, parks, and ferry rides across the bay.  We also loved the wonderful town traditions and visiting the Hotel Del Coronado with it's terrific shops, restaurants, Sunday brunch and museum.  The Del, built in 1888, has the distinction of having the first electrically lit Christmas tree in America.  For the past 122 years the lighting of the tree at the Hotel Del has been town tradition.  This months online issue of Coastal Living has a nice article on Coronado's Christmas Past that I thought I'd share with you.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to each of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment